As of December 1, 2015, Publix Pharmacies began offering FREE 90-day supply of metformin, Lisinopril and amlodipine, all currently part of Publix’s free medication programs, to customers with a prescription for the medications. Previously, 30-day supplies of the medications were offered with a prescription. The program enhancement is being made to assist our customers’ medication adherence.
The free medications offered, treatment and dosages include:
- Lisinopril — an ACE inhibitor used to prevent, treat or improve symptoms of high blood pressure, certain heart conditions, diabetes and certain chronic kidney conditions. Maximum of 90-day supply (up to 180 tablets).
- Lisinopril-HCTZ combination products excluded.
- Metformin — a medication used to treat diabetes. Maximum of 90-day supply of generic immediate-release metformin (up to 360 500-mg tablets, 270 850-mg or 225 1000-mg).
- Amlodipine — a calcium-channel blocker commonly used to treat high blood pressure and angina (chest pain). Maximum of 90-day supply (up to 180 2.5-mg or 5-mg tablets, or 90 10-mg tablets). Amlodipine combination products are excluded.
Publix Pharmacy also offers a 14-day supply of the following generic oral antibiotics free:
- ciprofloxacin (excluding Ciprofloxacin XR)
- penicillin VK and
- sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (SMZ-TMP)
For more information, please visit www.publix.com/pharmacy.
“The Publix Pharmacy continues to enhance our free medications programs to best serve the needs of our customers,” said Media and Community Relations Director Maria Brous. “With health care and prescription costs continuing to rise, medication adherence may prove challenging. The enhancement to our free prescription programs and pharmacy services allows our customers to focus on staying healthy and achieving their overall wellness goals.”